The Ed-Watch series is designed to increase access to information on what decisions
are being made regarding public education in Clark County and Nevada.
The Ed-Watch series is designed to increase access to information on what decisions are being made regarding public education in Clark County and Nevada.
Clark County School District Board of Trustees
What is the Board of Trustees & what are they responsible for? The CCSD Trustees are publicly elected decision-makers for the school district. They are responsible for providing oversight to the Superintendent and establishing District-wide policy. Trustees are accountable to work with their communities to improve student achievement.
Click here to learn more and see a list of current Trustees
Click here to find your Trustee District
How often does the Board of Trustees meet? Trustees meet twice per month (second and fourth Thursdays) at 5 pm both virtually and at the Edward A. Greer Education Center Board Room (2832 E Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89121).
Click here for a full list of Trustees meetings and agendas
Click here to visit Hope For Nevada’s #NVEd Calendar
Can community members engage at Trustee meetings? Decision-making bodies benefit greatly from hearing public input and multiple perspectives. Currently, members of the public can submit comments on agenda and non-agenda items through email or voice recording. Public comment can be provided in person, via email, or via voice recording. Email comments should be submitted to Boardmtgcomments@nv.ccsd.net. To submit a voice recording on items listed on the meeting agenda, call 702-799-1166. Voice recorded public comment is limited to 1 minute 30 seconds.
Thursday, April 27, 2023
Clark County School District Board of Trustees Meeting
Click here to see the meeting agenda.
Watch the meeting playback on CCSD EduVision.
What happened at this meeting?
Trustees Approved the Consent Agenda (4-0)
Consent Agenda Highlights:
- Several grant applications relating to STEM, data, traffic safety, and other safety programs
- Authorization to designate additional elementary and secondary licensed personnel positions (Adaptive PE, Business, GATE, Social Studies, and Social Worker/School Mental Health Professional) as a critical labor shortage area for a one-year period beginning July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2024
- Approval of an Amendment to the Interlocal Contract between the Clark County School District and the Nevada Division of Child and Family Services to provide an educational program for the youth assigned to Summit View Youth Center
- Unified personnel employment and licensed personnel employment
Explore consent agenda items here.
Trustees Approved the New Memorandum of Agreement between CCSD and the Education Support Employees Association (ESEA) Regarding an Incentives Program for Education Support Professionals at the Transformation Network Schools (4-0)
Trustees approved the new Memorandum of Agreement between CCSD and ESEA, which provides for incentives to Education Support Professionals at the newly formed Transformation Network Schools. The fiscal impact of this Memorandum is $2.6 million.
Explore the Memorandum and the fiscal impact summary.
Members of the public shared comments regarding:
- Extracurricular activities
- Safety and mental health concerns
- Concerns about reading material and curricula
- Breaking the pipeline of students from school into the criminal justice system
- Concerns regarding accountability in District leadership
- Concerns regarding special education resources and mental health
- Concerns regarding anti-Semitic incidents on school property
- Increasing educational resources to combat anti-Semitism
- Staffing reductions and potential staffing reassignments
- Effects of hard lockdown drills on student mental health
The next Meeting of the Board of Trustees is scheduled for May 11, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
Sign up to receive a notification when a new Ed-Watch post is published: