The Ed-Watch series is designed to increase access to information on what decisions
are being made regarding public education in Clark County and Nevada.
What is the Board of Trustees & what are they responsible for? The CCSD Trustees are publicly elected decision-makers for the school district. They are responsible for providing oversight to the Superintendent and establishing District-wide policy. Trustees are accountable to work with their communities to improve student achievement.
Click here to learn more and see a list of current Trustees
Click here to find your Trustee District
How often does the Board of Trustees meet? Trustees meet twice per month (second and fourth Thursdays) at 5 pm both virtually and at the Edward A. Greer Education Center Board Room (2832 E Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89121).
Click here for a full list of Trustees meetings and agendas
Click here to visit Hope For Nevada’s #NVEd Calendar
Can community members engage at Trustee meetings? Decision-making bodies benefit greatly from hearing public input and multiple perspectives. Currently, members of the public can submit comments on agenda and non-agenda items through email or voice recording. Public comment can be provided in person, via email, or via voice recording. Email comments should be submitted to Boardmtgcomments@nv.ccsd.net. To submit a voice recording on items listed on the meeting agenda, call 702-799-1166. Voice recorded public comment is limited to 1 minute 30 seconds.
Thursday, March 9, 2023
Clark County School District Board of Trustees Meeting
Click here to see the meeting agenda.
Watch the meeting playback on CCSD EduVision.
What happened at this meeting?
Trustees Approved the Consent Agenda (6-0)
Consent Agenda Highlights:
Explore consent agenda items here.
Trustees Received an Update on the Culture and Climate Study at CCSD
Trustees discussed the Culture and Climate Study currently underway for the District by Public Consulting Group (PCG). Highlights included:
- PCG is conducting several focus groups and interviews with district staff, Superintendent Jara, Trustees, student advisory groups, and other community stakeholders.
- A survey has been deployed to all CCSD staff, and will remain open until March 24.
- A CCSD staff member has been designated to assist PCG with project management from the district.
- A draft report will be issued in May.
Explore the update.
Members of the public shared comments regarding:
- A current due process hearing
- Special education classroom concerns
- Paraprofessionals in special education classrooms
- Concerns regarding use of force by CCSD Police
- Student social-emotional wellness
- Student safety
- Reporting requirements for the Dads in Schools program
- Shadow Ridge High School athletic staff
The next Meeting of the Board of Trustees is scheduled for March 23, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.